My Disgust Knows No End

When Hillary lost the primary to Obama -- like officially lost, on the night when he received a plurality of the delegates, not like when she lost a few months earlier in the eyes of anyone with a brain -- she made a request during her 'victory' speech for people to log onto her website and tell her what to do. This was my chance.

I logged on and sent her an email asking her to (finally) drop out of the race. Due to that email I ended up on her email list. The following appeared in my inbox this morning:

Would you like to join me for dinner?

During the campaign, I had the chance a few times to grab meals with supporters, but they were always rushed thanks to the frenetic pace of the campaign. This is my first chance to sit down and spend some real one-on-one time with you. If you enter today, we could be having dinner together soon!

My staff has been calling this my "retirement dinner" -- not because I'm retiring, of course, but because we're working on retiring the debt we owe to small vendors all over the country.
The woman with a hundred million dollar fortune has no shame. Whatever dignity she had in the bottoms of her shoes following her grotesque display during the primary has now officially vanished.

The funny thing is, I'd gladly donate $10 if it meant Hillary would retire.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

2 Comments:

Rene & Kelley said...

That's a donation I would match.

Kelley said...

count me in for $10.

 
The Underground Imagination - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger