She Reads! What. What?

When I was preparing for the LSAT a friend told me a that a good way to prepare for the reading comprehension portion of the exam was to read The Economist. Its articles are dense and educational and therefore are good substitutes for the passages in the LSAT. This was the only time I've read The Economist in my life. As Politico writer Mike Allen said last night in response to Palin's inability to name a single publication she's read, “Somebody told me, she should have just said The Economist. Everybody lies about reading The Economist."

Including, it turns out, Sarah Palin! In her interview with Fox News today she took the opportunity to revise and expand on her list of reading materials:

PALIN: I read the same things that other people across the country read, including the “New York Times” and the “Wall Street Journal” and “The Economist” and some of these publications that we’ve recently even been interviewed through up there in Alaska.
Think Progress has the story, but I just want to point out one thing. No plain-spoken folksy moose-hunter types read The Economist. I may be an elitist asshole for point this out, but it's true. Hell, I'm an elitist asshole and even I don't read The Economist. I have no doubt in my mind that Sarah Palin doesn't either. In this regard, we have something in common.

Friday, October 3, 2008

1 Comment:

Rene & Kelley said...

Ha!
The Economist is the only magazine I bought at the airport on Thursday. I hardly ever read it, but it's funny you brought it up.

 
The Underground Imagination - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger