McCain Did Not See This Coming

McCain has been hollering about foreseeing the economic crisis for the last two years, telling CBS news yesterday morning, "Two years ago, I warned that the oversight of Fannie and Freddie was terrible, that we were facing a crisis because of it, or certainly serious problems."

This is true.

But this is also true: He claimed in November, 2007,to have not foreseen the sub-prime mortgage crisis in an interview.

Q: Well the dimension of this problem may be surprising to a lot of people, but to many people, to many others there were feelings that there was something amiss, something was going too fast, something was a little too hot. … Were you surprised?

McCAIN: Yeah. And I was surprised at the dot-com collapse and I was surprised at other times in our history. […]

I don’t know of hardly anybody, with the exception of a handful, that said “wait a minute, this thing is getting completely out of hand and is overheating.” So, I’d like to tell you that I did anticipate it, but I have to give you straight talk, I did not.


Thursday, September 18, 2008

0 Comments:

 
The Underground Imagination - Wordpress Themes is proudly powered by WordPress and themed by Mukkamu Templates Novo Blogger